Small Microscope Classes
This is a practical foodweb workshop to supply the participants with the skills to conduct qualitative assessments on their compost teas or compost inoculum.
The day course is primarily aimed at first time users; farmers making their own compost inoculums or teas, and input suppliers producing inoculum on a commercial scale.
Enquire at the lab for costs.
What to bring
As the foodweb workshop training is quite intensive and hands on, each student must supply their own microscope with the following specifications:
- 3 objectives (4x, 10x, 40x magnification) Many microscopes also have 100x objectives
- Binocular is recommended. (2 10x eyepieces
- Its own light source and adjustable light condenser
- Fine and course focus ability
- Fully mechanical stage
- Some microscopes interface with computer and/or cameras
These microscopes are easily obtainable in NZ and range in cost from $750.00 on wards.
For information/contact details on microscope suppliers and up and coming foodweb workshop training days contact Soil Foodweb NZ – 07 863 8556 or email us here.